Lentil Stew with Winter Vegetables and Mustard Greens

http://nourishedkitchen.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/lentilstew.jpg
Photo Credit:Nourished Kitchen


'Lentil stew – wholesome, nourishing and filling – makes for an inexpensive and satisfying meal. I serve it in late autumn and winter, using up all the sturdy root vegetables we keep in cold storage. I bake a loaf of no-knead sourdough, open up a jar of homemade sauerkraut and ladle lentil stew into my family’s waiting bowls. I drizzle a bit of olive oil over my stew and toss in a splash of balsamic vinegar, which bring a bit of their brightness to the stew’s humble earthiness.

Lentil stew is peasant food – simple, satisfying and inexpensive. When times are tight and our grocery budget shrinks as a result, I rely on lentils to satisfy hungry bellies and to stretch inexpensive cuts of beef a bit further.'

Read more...

Posted in , , , , . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

Powered by Blogger.

Search

health, medicine,benefits, cancer,healing ...