Michael Pollan’s victory garden! My liberating DIY revolution

 https://d22r54gnmuhwmk.cloudfront.net/photos/0/tb/ru/UATBRUOqrHUBLKZ-556x313-noPad.jpg
Photo Credit:www.change.org

'For me, tending a garden is a liberating act.  I’m freer from the nutritionally void produce at the grocery store; studies show radical declines in the nutritional value of vegetables thanks to industrial, soil-depleting methods.  

I feel less responsible for the millions of tons of endocrine-disrupting, life-killing pesticides dumped on soil.  Combining my garden yields with community supported agriculture, I know, really know, where a large percentage of my food comes from.  A home garden is a form of peaceful protest, a way of participating less in a corporate food culture I think is harmful to our health and the environment.'

Read more...

Posted in , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

Powered by Blogger.

Search

health, medicine,benefits, cancer,healing ...